Tuesday 30 July 2013

Man burns down his house after trying to kill the devil in Malaysia


 
A man caused four houses to burn to the ground after he was trying to kill the devil, according to police reports in Malaysia.

Malaysia Police said that a fire believed to have been started by a man trying to "kill the devil" has destroyed four houses in Kampung Bagan Dalam, Jalan Assumption.

The 54-year-old had allegedly set fire to his two-story wood house around 7:30 am.

A neighbor, Wani Azman, 16, said he saw the man screaming that he "had killed the devil" after setting the wooden structure on fire.

"The fire quickly spread to other houses. I screamed for help and ran away from my home with my family. Then, we saw the man walking casually away from the scene as if nothing had happened. Luckily, my family's house was saved," he said.

Another neighbor, Abdul Razak Ali, 46, said his family of six was cleaning the house after he saw the flames.
"The fire engulfed my house and razed it in minutes. My nephew arranged a safe place where my family can stay," the victim in a wheelchair said.

Butterworth fire station chief Mohd Khalil Abdul Rahim said 30 firefighters managed to bring the fire under control within 30 minutes, and added that he received a distress call at 7:35 am.

No human injuries were reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment