Wednesday 31 July 2013

Woman Sold her Grandchild for N200,000 ($1,257)

 
The Plateau State Police Command, “A” Division paraded Onyinyechi Nwabueze, 38, for selling her eight-month-old grandchild, after the baby, Chiamaka, had been rescued in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

Blessing Godspower Seventeen-year-old, who was staying with her mother at Rukuba Road area of Jos North, was allegedly put in the family way by her boyfriend.

After Chiamaka was delivered, Godspower’s mother, who was not comfortable with the development, allegedly decided to get rid of the baby.

“My mother sent me on an errand, but when I came back I asked for my baby and my mother asked, ‘which baby?’ She feigned ignorance and at that point I started crying and reported the incident to the Police”, according to Blessing.

“After the mother sent her daughter away, she (Nwabueze) stopped a tricycle and took the baby to the first receiver, one Eucharia Anyaegbu. Anyaegbu transferred the baby to the second receiver, Rita Maduako, who finally sold the baby to 53-year-old unmarried woman, Grace Nnadozie.” Said the Police Commissioner, Mr. Chris Olakpe

It was discovered that , Nnadzie had, applied to an orphanage home for a child without any result for the past two years, she sought Anyaegbu’s help.

She said she gave N500,000 to Anyaegbu for the baby. Anyaegbu gave N350, 000 to Maduako. Maduako was to give N200,000 to the baby’s grandmother.

“How can I sell my granddaughter? My daughter is not capable of taking care of the baby and I decided to give her to somebody who will take proper care of her”, Said Nwabueze who denied that she sold the baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment